In keeping with her commitment to recognize those who have acknowledged her efforts, award-winning author and sight-loss coach Donna Jodhan recognizes the following persons for the month of September 2022, with special thanks to Aaron Di Blasi and Mind Vault Solutions. She also recognizes Michelle Parker! Donna is also pleased to acknowledge those who have and continue to recognize her as a sight loss coach! These are her All Stars.
If you would like sight-loss coach and author Donna Jodhan to recognize you then you really do not need to do too much. It’s really quite easy! Just retweet her tweets at @author_jodhan and/or like her posts on Facebook at Author Donna Jodhan. It’s all about everyone working together to recognize each other!
To learn more, visit award-winning author and sight-loss coach Donna at donnajodhan.com.
- Bill Tessore
- Maria Saieba Kovacs
- Melissa Roberts
- Cynthia Mathis
- Angela Bosslady Garey
- Jenn Isaacson
- Vicki Gerdom
- Theo Harvey Arthur
- Cjean Mousel Sandifer
- Zeleke Melash
- Victor Gouveia
- AliasJason Everett
- Carmen Cole
- Karen Beaty Clem
- Bianca Bee
- Zim Alilim
- Elena Laude Aguilar
- Connie Cuffaro
- Chantal Oakes
- Gabriella Sharrard
- Tania Perisic
- Carey Ruby
- Lilian Hicel
- John DiMarco
- Bernard Werwie
- Kelley Frye
- Sher Hassan
- Veronica Fenelon
- Through Myy Eyes
- ppl with disabilities
- Shehzad Kamboh
- Thriving Blind
- Nurudin Edward
- Kaare Dehard
- Adrian Leong
- Shane Bentham
- Sarah K Alawami
- Lucy Misasi
- Rob Melody Chamber Castrogiovanni
- Shehzad Kamboh
- Stephen Whiting
- Tim Willis
- Donna Lee Woods
- Raj Tribhuwan
- Brendon Charles Donohue
- James Oakley
- David R. Holt
- Darlene Judd
- Chris Sch
- Christina Holtzclaw
- Bob Branco
- Curtis Jackson
- Anthony Bourg
- Senior Path
- Sandy Biscuits
- Simon Wong
- Linda Brayton Rogers
- Theressa Nicole Wournell
- Lorraine Middlehurst
- Elizabeth Lalonde
- Ashlee Lynn Wournell
- Thadd Correia
- Heather Rupert
- Donna Lee Woods
- Ericka Mosley
To see the entire archive of those who have been recognized over the years, click here!
Finally! Donna reviews a nifty product that helps you to cook hard boiled eggs in the microwave and then you can peal them without any difficulty. Read her product review of the Egg Pod at Top Tech Tidbits.
In September, Donna’s Dining with Donna show debued on YouTube! It’s a weekly show where she shares tried and proven recipes with her listeners. For September, the theme was focused on recipes containing 300 calories or less.
Here are those episodes:
Text copies are available. Subscribe to Donna’s YouTube channel for more!
On September 14th, Donna participated in a training video for CATSA (the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority). The video shoot was held at Toronto Pearson International Airport and will be used as training material for over 8000 CATSA agents across Canada.
Here’s a breakdown of what Donna covered:
- A brief introduction.
- An explanation of her accessibility challenges when going through airport security screening.
- Descriptions of how Screening Officers can help through the screening process and any steps a Screening Officer could take to facilitate the screening experience.
- Key messages.
- An anecdote or short story.
On September 17th, in conjunction with the CCB Toronto Visionaries chapter, Donna sponsored a harbour boat cruise. There were over 100 attendees, and a great time was had by all, with several door prizes and a sumptuous lunch served.
Donna donated the proceedes from her pre-Covid chapter activities to this venture; moving forward she will now be concentrating on annual single events.
Watch for announcements for her upcoming “Dear MRS Claus” letter-writing competition, opened to kids from around the world.
On September 2nd, Donna made her third appearance on Bob Branco’s In Perspective podcast, where she shared her experiences on how she interacts and communicates with the Canadian Federal Government as an accessibility consultant/advisor.
In Perspective has listeners worldwide. You can access the episode here.
Donna’s advocacy editorials for September included:
- The Challenge of Interpreting
- How Accessible Is Our Future?
- Crying in the Dark
- The Assumption Syndrome
You can read these editorials by visiting sterlingcreations.ca/blog.
And a selection of her advocacy editorials can also be found at Barrier Free Canada.
For the month of September, Donna’s Whose Blind Life Is It Anyway? show “Ask Donna” featured the following topics:
- Week 1, from Ask the Advocate: Examples of Provincial Entities
- Week 2, from Ask the Author: Study Time Resumed
- Week 3, from Ask the Coach: The Importance of Physical Activity
- Week 4, from Ask the Expert: What Makes a Workplace Accessible?
Donna’s mental stress feature at the end of each show is a must-listen, and to participate you get to use one of your senses each week to help you do the mental stretch.
You can find Whose Blind Life Is It Anyway? at any of these locations:
You can listen to Donna’s “Ask Donna” shows along with highlights from her The Blind Lifestyle Newsletter by visiting donnajodhan.com/youtube.
You can read Donna’s “Ask an Author” tips by visiting sterlingcreations.ca/ask-an-author.
You can check out Donna’s “Ask an Expert” features by visiting sterlingcreations.ca/ask-an-expert.
Donna included the following tips in her “Catching Up With the Coach” feature for the September 1st issue:
Best of Helpful Hints – For the Bathroom: Ceramic Tile
- Turtle Wax (car wax) is an excellent tile cleaner and refinisher. Rub in well with a soft cloth, let stand for 10 minutes. Do not let it dry too thoroughly. Polish with a clean cloth or better yet, buff with an electric buffer. Your tiles will sparkle like new.
- Try cleaning with a solution of sal soda concentrate, the strength depending on the extent of the soil. To the stubborn cracks, apply the sal dry with a stiff brush.
- Clean the recessed spaces between tiles with an ordinary typewriter eraser or rub with a white nail pencil.
- Make a paste of baking soda and bleach and scrub with a small brush.
- Also, before you start cleaning the bathroom walls, fill the tub with the hottest tap water available. Dirt loosened by steam will come off faster.
In her September 15th issue, she highlighted the following article:
- “10 Foods That Help You Sleep Better” by Gaston Bedard
Read about the above and more at donnajodhan.com/#news.
For the month of September, Donna answered the following questions for her “Ask the Coach” feature:
- How important is it for a vision impaired person to engage in physical activity?
- Are there any tried and proven ways to discover stains on carpets?
- Are there any good ways to clean bath tubs?
These were just some of the questions asked. Donna continues to answer questions from around the world both online and offline.
You can read more of Donna’s “Ask the Coach” answers by visiting donnajodhan.com/#news.