Each month I will be responding to a question chosen from a pool of some of the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and continue to be asked.
Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these thoughts.
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and external costs and here’s how.
Take it from me! I have been an accessibility awareness consultant and advisor since 1998 and I continue to help companies to increase their revenues, reduce their costs, and reach hidden consumer markets!
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
How to Make a Backyard More Accessible
This is for the one who is in the business of building backyards and I strongly encourage you to use these tips to ensure that a very hidden segment of your market is reached quickly and affectively.
The objective here is to ensure that these consumers can enjoy a backyard.
Who are your consumers then? They are seniors, retirees, and persons with special needs.
- Make sure that the backyard you build is easily accessible. That is, easy to get to with the minimum of steps to navigate.
- Ensure that the surface of the backyard is nice and level with as few bumps as possible.
- Make sure that the back yard is well laid out and that if it includes a garden that it is easy to reach and water and look after plants.
- Choose plants that are easy to look after.
- Make backyards managable for their owners.
- Make sure that the backyard you build is filled with colors that are easy to identify. Example, benches, fences, etc.
This should be a good start.
Now you can subscribe to my monthly newsletter.
‘Let’s Talk Tips’ is your monthly resource for the most current and reliable informational tips available in the areas of Technology, Nutrition, Media, Business, and Advocacy.