In honour of the late Chris Stark who passed on in June 2019
Barrier Free Canada – Canada sans barrières is pleased to announce our call for applicants!
If you have been an advocate for at least 10 years, or know of anyone who has been, then we invite you to submit your name and/or ask them to submit theirs to email@example.com
Or feel free to submit the name of someone you believe would be a worthy candidate.
- At least 10 years of advocacy work federally or provincially
- Experience in working with federal and/or provincial governments
- Examples of leadership are paramount
Experience in dealing with any of the following:
- Complaints processes, mediation processes, tribunals
- Canadian radio and telecommunications (CRTC) and the telecommunications industry
- Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC) and any other disability rights organizations
- Canadian Transportation Agency (CTA) and the transportation industry
- Elections Canada or Elections Ontario
- The banking industry
- Examples of communication and collaboration with agencies and organizations as mentioned above are also important.
- Please provide a profile describing your experiences.
- Please also provide a brief bio.
- Please provide the phone number and email for two references.
Applications for the Chris Stark distinguished advocacy award will close on Tuesday October 12, 2021.
The successful candidate will be notified during the last week of November.
The chosen applicant will be announced on December 03.
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application.
The Awards Committee
Barrier Free Canada – Canada sans barrières