Each month I will be responding to a question chosen from a pool of some of the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and continue to be asked.
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
The Importance of Making Apps More Accessible and Inclusive
Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions, consider these thoughts.
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and external costs and here’s how.
Take it from me! I have been an accessibility awareness consultant and advisor since 1998 and I continue to help companies to increase their revenues, reduce their costs, and reach hidden consumer markets!
So many developers are under the impression that making apps accessible and inclusive is going to cost them lots and lots of money! Correct? Absolutely not!
I am here to humbly state that revenues to be gained from making your apps more accessible and inclusive most definitely outweigh the costs. In addition, developers will be surprised to know how they can also greatly increase their customer bases if they make their apps more accessible and inclusive.
There are other benefits to be had as well and here are just a few:
- You can attract those very hidden, growing, and expanding markets that are made up of seniors, those who are technically challenged, and those with a disability.
- Your maintainance costs will be drastically reduced.
- Your development costs will also be reduced.
- Your app will be easy to use, navigate, and on the whole it will not be as difficult to download and will take up much less space on one’s i device.
- Internal costs for development will also be greatly reduced.
Please give these points some serious consideration.
To contact me please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
I’m Donna J. Jodhan (award-winning sight loss coach and accessibility advisor)