Each month I will be responding to a question chosen from a pool of some of the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and continue to be asked.
Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these thoughts.
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and external costs and here’s how.
Take it from me! I have been an accessibility awareness consultant and advisor since 1998 and I continue to help companies to increase their revenues, reduce their costs, and reach hidden consumer markets!
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
How to Make a Backyard More Accessible
Believe it or not, making your garden accessible to not just yourself but to others as well is not as difficult as you may think. The trick here is to ensure that it can be reached easily, is easy to navigate, and can be enjoyed by everyone.
Here are a few suggestions for you.
- Make sure that your garden is easy to access. That is, it is easy to reach and enter.
- That your flower beds are well laid out in a way that they are easy to see and to walk among.
- That there is enough space between each flower bed.
- That flower beds are not too close to the entrance of your garden.
- If your garden includes seats and benches, that they are not too high or too low and that they are in colours that are easy to see.
- That they are in locations that are accessible and easy to reach.
- That shrubbery is kept properly manicured so that they do not pose any challenges to those walking by. That is, that they are not too bushy.
This should be a good start.
Now you can subscribe to my monthly newsletter.
‘Let’s Talk Tips’ is your monthly resource for the most current and reliable informational tips available in the areas of Technology, Nutrition, Media, Business, and Advocacy.