Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these thoughts.
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and external costs and here’s how.
Take it from me! I have been an accessibility awareness consultant and advisor since 1998 and I continue to help companies to increase their revenues, reduce their costs, and reach hidden consumer markets!
Now as a sight loss coach I am helping consumers with sight loss to become more aware of their environment and their requirements and this is helping companies to have a better understanding of how they need to plan and execute their initiatives.
With most of the Covid restrictions now a thing of the past; it is no wonder that many persons have either returned to the gym or have decided to make the gym a regular hang out. And for persons with disabilities and seniors, this is terrific news.
Let’s keep in mind that these two segments of the market have always been more apt to require greater accessibility to gyms so with this in mind, here are some tips for you to think about:
- Make sure that your equipment is easy to access. That is, that there is more than enough space for persons with mobility aids to be able to reach your equipment.
- Make sure that your staff is fully trained to offer ready assistance.
- Make sure that you are able to offer social distancing even if it may not be fully required.
- Make sure that you have lots of hand sanitizers and wipes on hand; go out of your way to have adequate stocks.
- It would not hurt for you to have special promos aimed at these two segments of the market to encourage them to visit your gym.
- Just remember benefits to seniors and persons with disabilities will benefit everyone else so do not think of these suggestions as only benefitting these two segments.
- The trick is to place the emphasis on safety, support, and personal attention.
This should be a good start for you.
To contact me please send an email to email@example.com!
I’m Donna J. Jodhan (sight-loss coach and accessibility advisor)