Each month I will be responding to a question chosen from a pool of some of the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and continue to be asked.
Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these thoughts.
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and external costs and here’s how.
Take it from me! I have been an accessibility awareness consultant and advisor since 1998 and I continue to help companies to increase their revenues, reduce their costs, and reach hidden consumer markets!
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
How Does One Create an Accessible Holiday Function?
The thing to remember here is that you need to create a holiday function that can be accessed and enjoyed by as many folks as possible.
Most of all, you need to include seniors and persons with disabilities and to do all that you can to include them. It is not just about kids and others.
- Make your function easy to reach via public transportation.
- Make sure also that there is enough parking space.
- Also make sure that you can provide some sort of alternative transportation if public transit and/or driving by car is not available.
- Do not make your function too large to handle.
- Make sure that the venue is spacious.
This should be a good start.
To contact me please send an email to email@example.com!
I’m Donna J. Jodhan (award-winning sight loss coach and accessibility advisor)