Each month I will be responding to a question chosen from a pool of some of the most commonly asked ones that I have been asked over the years and continue to be asked.
Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these thoughts.
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and external costs and here’s how.
Take it from me! I have been an accessibility awareness consultant and advisor since 1998 and I continue to help companies to increase their revenues, reduce their costs, and reach hidden consumer markets!
This month, I’d like to answer the following question:
How to Make a Train Trip More Accessible
With a rapidly increasing aging population, all companies need to find ways to accommodate the needs of seniors and those with a disability. There is no getting away from it and we have a few pointers to help you make your train trips more accessible and enjoyable.
- Start at the beginning and make sure that it is easy for consumers to make their trip arrangements. Be it online or by phone.
- Make sure that your staff is well trained when it comes to being aware of the needs and requirements of seniors and those with a disability.
- Provide staff and services at the station to ensure that your consumers are comfortable when it comes to knowing where to go in order to meet their trains.
- Ensure that staff is there to assist your consumers to board trains and to find their seats with little difficulty.
- Ensure that at the other end of the train trip you provide staff to assist your consumers to find their way out of the station.
We hope that this helps to get you started.
Now you can subscribe to my monthly newsletter.
‘Let’s Talk Tips’ is your monthly resource for the most current and reliable informational tips available in the areas of Technology, Nutrition, Media, Business, and Advocacy.