Before you say no or turn thumbs down on these suggestions; consider these thoughts.
You can definitely increase your revenue and reduce both your internal and external costs and here’s how.
Take it from me! I have been an accessibility awareness consultant and advisor since 1998 and I continue to help companies to increase their revenues, reduce their costs, and reach hidden consumer markets!
The one very important thing to remember is that fitness classes are for everyone. And with the new rules in place for social and physical distancing, it is even more important to remember that there are clients who are definitely going to need additional requirements.
So with this in mind, let’s share some very important tips:
- Make sure that your social distancing markings on the floor are easy to distinguish and that if you have clients who are vision impaired, that you provide that additional assistance to help them be able to know how to properly social distance.
- Make sure that signs are easy to read and easy to understand. You will need to ensure that everyone knows where to find such things as hand sanitizers, washrooms, and wet wipes.
- Make sure that your equipment and other machines are well spaced.
- Provide additional assistance for clients with special needs. This would mean ensuring that your staff is properly trained to render appropriate assistance.
- Be mindful that clients with special needs are going to require additional help in all areas.
The important thing to be remembered is that Covid has now brought new requirements for us all to live with.
This should be a good starting point.
To contact me, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
I’m Donna J. Jodhan (sight-loss coach and accessibility advisor)