Welcome to the August 2019 edition of AppleVis Unlimited, our monthly series which aims to highlight
what’s new and noteworthy on the AppleVis website. Below, you’ll find a selection of the best content posted to AppleVis by members of the community – from new app entries, to app updates, to the latest news and podcasts. For easier navigation, the major sections of this post are at heading level 3, and each individual item is at heading level 4.
New and Noteworthy App Entries
18.104.22.168: Faster Internet (iOS, Free)
22.214.171.124 – the world’s fastest and safest DNS resolver –
126.96.36.199, the privacy-first DNS resolver is now available on the go. No one should be able
to snoop on what you do on the Internet. We’ve created 188.8.131.52 so that you can connect
to the Internet securely anytime, anywhere.
* Greater privacy
By using a secure connection, 184.108.40.206 makes sure no one can snoop your
Some ISPs use your DNS queries to sell your data. Cloudflare will never
sell your data or use it to target ads. Period.
* Fastest way to experience the Internet
220.127.116.11 makes the Internet faster by using Cloudflare’s global network.
On average, we are 28% faster than the next fastest public resolver.
* Easy to use
One-touch setup to make your Internet more safe and private.
Install it today, get faster Internet, it’s that simple.
Best of all: No upsells, no in-app purchases, and free for life. Website owners pay us to
make your Internet faster so you don’t have to.
Current Version: 2.0.9 (June 18, 2019)
Read 18.104.22.168: Faster Internet’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit 22.214.171.124: Faster Internet’s App Store page
2. Calca (macOS, US$4.99)
Calca is a powerful symbolic calculator that updates as you type giving you instant
answers. It solves equations and simplifies complex expressions. It’s also a rich
Markdown text editor so that you can explain your ideas alongside your calculations.
Calca is perfect for professionals and students – anyone who works with numbers and
equations. Variables and functions can be created with only a few keystrokes and can be
manipulated with a rich library of operators and functions.
Calca updates as you type – just like a spreadsheet. You can declare variables, edit their
values and watch everything update before your eyes. Since everything is calculated on
the device – no network needed – you get answers instantaneously.
All calculations are stored as plain text so you can easily share them with other editors
and move them from device to device. Calca has been designed to work with iCloud
documents so all your devices can access your calculations – you’ll always have the latest
files ready for viewing and editing.
Calca comes with a suite of examples to help you get started covering topics from home
mortgages to kinetics. All these examples are fully explained within Calca itself.
Are you still using a desktop calculator? Are you using the silly calculator with the giant
buttons that came with your OS? Computers are much more capable than doing simple
one-line arithmetic – put your machine to work with Calca!
* Variables x = 42
* Functions f(c) = 9/5*c + 32 and even recursive functions
* Units 42 mph in kmph and currency •599 in $
* Solves equations (x + 2x + 4x = 42, what is x?)
* Matrices with inverses so you can solve linear equations
* Sum, prod, map, and reduce operations on lists, matrices, and ranges
* Trigonometry and complex numbers
* Derivatives of functions
* Logic operations and if statements
* Binary math (& and |) and support for binary and hex number (0xA9 and
* Keeps track of units (m, s, m/s, m/s2, etc.) so you can verify your equations as
Current Version: 1.5 (October 19, 2018)
Read Calca’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Calca’s App Store page
3. Circus Master’s Revenge (iOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
There’s been a big hole in the visually impaired gaming community for quite a long time.
Their craving for that game, which they can call their own, is now over. Mental Vision
LLC has created such game, that can fill this void in this community. Circus Master’s
Revenge is here.
An epic non-graphic binaural battle of circus freaks, which you will never forget & which
will need you to have tremendous courage in order to defend yourself. Beware, the
circus master is definitely not very friendly. Like most antagonists, he tries to hurt your
feelings as often as possible to throw you off your game. Hopefully, his insults will
enforce you to focus on the enemy. Good luck to anyone who is up to the challenge.
Hope, you enjoy it.
Current Version: 1.0 (August 16, 2019)
Read Circus Master’s Revenge’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Circus Master’s Revenge’s App Store page
4. Invisible Dragons (iOS, Free)
The age of the Ice Apocalypse has begun.
The world falls into absolute darkness and everything is frozen to death. Everything
except the Dragon Eggs.
Create your Dragon empire and try to survive.
Invisible Dragons is a unique text based strategy about ice and fire, dragons and gold,
spells and rituals. Stay in touch with your magic world through the interactive
notification and get the full experience from your Apple Watch.
Current Version: 1.3 (July 19, 2016)
Read Invisible Dragons’ AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Invisible Dragons’ App Store page
5. MasterBrain (iOS, US$0.99)
Based on the popular MasterMind, this game consists in finding out the combination of
randomly generated colors for each game bearing in mind that no color is repeated in
the solution. The play screen contains a horizontal row of buttons that depending on the
selected level Will have for, five or six buttons.
Additionally, on the upper right side of the screen the play button launches the selected
color combination, (this can also be achieved by a double tap with two fingers), and on
the upper left side the back button interrupts the current game and returns to the start
Information about each play, displayed between both buttons on the upper part of the
screen Will help infer the solution. the colors of the game buttons, can be switched by
swiping up or down on them to set the desired combination and launch a new play by
tapping the play button.
Two modes of information display are available which can the toggled at the setting
text mode: enumerates de numbers of items well placed, incorrectly placed and not
Emoji mode: information is displayed with emojis, ?, well placed, ? incorrectly placed
and ? not present.
The result is also revealed by means of different sounds.
Higher levels are unlocked when scoring above 0.
Read MasterBrain’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit MasterBrain’s App Store page
6 Planet Life: A curious planet adventure (iOS, Free With In-App Purchases)
In Planet Life you are born again as a planet. Being a planet in space can be very lonely,
but fortunately there is life out there.
Search the corners of the universe, for new friends, who will help you on your quest to
become a happy little place to live. Manage your resources, and upgrade tools to
Fight your way down a deep deep dungeon leading to the core of yourself, and gain the
respect of mysterious space gods.
Current Version: 2.0.3 (June 20, 2019)
Read Planet Life: A curious planet adventure’s AppleVis App Directory entry for
Visit Planet Life: A curious planet adventure’s App Store page
7. TonalEnergy Tuner & Metronome (iOS, US$3.99)
For musicians from pros to beginners, whether you sing, play a brass, woodwind or
stringed instrument or any type of guitar, this app provides a set of feature-rich practice
tools that gives fun and rewarding feedback. Itís much more than just a tuner!
So what makes the TonalEnergy the best selling music practice app?
* It’s an all-in-one app, with a state-of-the-art tuner, an advanced metronome,
dedicated orchestral strings and guitar tuning page, a piano keyboard, sound
analysis pages, and audio/visual recording capabilities.
* It’s easy to use. Options like the Target Tuner or Pitch Tracker are on all the
main pages. TonalEnergy helps users create rewarding and attainable goals
during a rehearsal or when working alone. Colorful analysis data pages and
audio/video recording features enhance the experience of practice.
* The metronome is cutting edge. It offers unmatched flexibility in sound choices,
tempo settings, meters, subdivision patterns and visual displays. Voice count-
ins, the ability to create and edit preset groups and Ableton link for syncing
multiple devices make this a superior tool for performers.
* Ear training possibilities are endless. The high quality multi-sampled instrument
sounds for symphonic instruments are unique among all other tuning
applications. Listening skills can be developed through the use of the eight-
octave keyboard, chromatic wheel and tone generator. There are no other
sounds like these.
* Learning is a social activity. Using features unique to the TonalEnergy Tuner,
data can be collected, reviewed, edited and shared with others. Feedback is
essential for growing and developing great performers. It’s all about
* Recognizes a large pitch range, extending to lower registers than many
competing tuners (C0 – C8) that is highly responsive to wind instruments, as well
as acoustic and electric string instruments
* Adjustable A=440 Hz reference
* Automatic or manual transposing options
* Instantly changes between equal, just and other custom temperaments,
including user-defined ones
* Auto or instant pitch reference note feature using the TonalEnergy sounds
* Extensive tuning list for all orchestral string and fretted string instruments
including many more features than most other string-only tuner apps
* An expandable eight octave piano keyboard enhancing many of the key aspects
of the tuner’s functions
* Chromatic wheel tone generator, with optional auto-vibrato feature
* Frequency and Harmonic energy overtone graphs, along with a multi-function
* Dedicated metronome page that matches or exceeds the features available on
all other stand alone metronome apps
* Notation options including standard English, Solfege, Northern European, and
* Bluetooth output/input support
* Audio and Video recording capabilities including, editing, looping, timestretch
that are all exportable via iTunes sharing, AirDrop, email, AudioCopy,
* Import music from iTunes Library or email attachments
* Compatible with external microphones and clip-on vibration sensor devices
* Supports external video output to an external display for use in rehearsal halls
* External MIDI keyboard control support
* Apple Watch app acts as remote control for the phone app
* Audiobus and inter-app audio support
* VoiceOver support for the blind or visually impaired
* Piccolo, Flute
* Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
* Eb, Bb/A Clarinet, Bass Clarinet
* Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Baritone Saxophone
* French Horn
* Tenor and Bass Trombone
* Euphonium and Tuba
* Square, sawtooth, and sine waveforms
* Plucked Strings
Current Version: 1.7.2 (August 14, 2019)
Read TonalEnergy Tuner & Metronome’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more
Visit TonalEnergy Tuner & Metronome’s App Store page
8. Venture Zone Global (iOS, US$0.99)
The Venture Zone Global was created with sight loss in mind and it’s fully accessible.
Anyone can play, including sighted individuals.
In the Venture Zone Global, you will:
* create and name your own company
* choose products to sell based on different price points
* raise virtual cash with seed funding, a bank loan or friends and family
If youíre a beginner, turn on tutorial mode and a narrator will guide you through the
game and teach you about the world of business.
Current Version: 1.0 (August 1, 2019)
Read Venture Zone Global’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Venture Zone Global’s App Store page
9. YouDescribe (iOS, Free)
The YouDescribe app gives blind and visually-impaired viewers convenient mobile access
to a rapidly growing collection of YouTube videos with audio description ñ an extra
soundtrack added by a describer to tell the viewer about text, illustrations, setting,
gestures and facial expressions that are otherwise not accessible to blind viewers, or to
otherwise aid viewers who benefit from additional description to understand the video
content. The YouDescribe app for iOS lets you choose from thousands of YouTube
videos described by our global community of contributors. The app also lets you request
descriptions for YouTube videos that have not yet been described, and rate descriptions
that have already been created.
YouDescribe is free and easy to use from the iOS app or from the desktop. The app has
been extensively tested with the VoiceOver screenreader, and the web site works well
with a variety of screen reader/browser combinations.
Current Version: 1.0.1 (January 31, 2018)
Read YouDescribeís AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit YouDescribeís App Store page
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at: