If you are in the market for something to help you save time while at the
same time pop a problem; then you have come to the right place.
Below, you will find something to help you just do that and if you would
like to learn more then visit us at www.donnajodhan.com/takeanother5.html
Follow us on Twitter @accessibleworld and like us on facebook at
Welcome to the August 2018 edition of AppleVis Unlimited, our monthly
newsletter which aims to
highlight what’s new and noteworthy on the AppleVis website. Below, you’ll
find a selection of the best
content posted to AppleVis – from new app entries, to app updates, to the
latest news and podcasts. For
easier navigation, the major sections of this post are at heading level 3,
and each individual item is at
heading level 4.
New and Noteworthy App Entries
1. Dusk (iOS, Free)
Dusk is an all-new gaming experience, designed for the blind but playable by
Use your phone in ways you’ve never imagined and challenge yourself with a
mini-games that do not require the use of sight, or play with a friend to
find out who’s
* Each game uses a combination of movement sensors, vibration, sound
other technologies for a totally immersive experience.
* Full leaderboards and achievements support for singleplayer games.
* Play your favorite games with a friend and another iPhone, thanks to
* Fully compatible with VoiceOver.
* Simple and minimalist high-contrast design to improve legibility.
(Please note that some games might not be available on older devices due to
Current Version: 1.0.1 (July 17, 2018)
Read Dusk’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more information
Visit Dusk’s App Store page
2. Personal Diary App
(Journal (iOS, Free)
Never write a diary because of the inconvenience to do that?
Always forget to write in your diary?
Afraid that someone will peek into your diary?
Unable to attach images into your diary?
Just need a simple & easy to use diary?
Personal Diary is an app that solves the above problems. Easily access all
your entries in
all your devices with iCloud Sync. You can write diary entries without
someone will peek at what you wrote, with passcode & biometric protection.
about your diary? The app will now ‘summon’ you back a friendly nudge. You
import as many photos as you wish into your entries. As an addition, you can
mood and also the weather.
* Numeric passcode lock
* Unlock using Touch ID or Face ID
* Simple & Easy to use
* iCloud Sync
* Smart Search
* Ability to pick a mood
* Ability to choose the weather of the day
* Mood & Weather can be automatically chosen
* Import photos to your entries
* Auto-saves as you type
* Select a theme
* Dark Mode for better night use
* Fully supports iPad Multitasking Features
* Fully supports external keyboard
* Supports VoiceOver
* iPhone X Support
* Daily Notifications
* No Ads & absolutely free! 😀
Current Version: 2.4.16 (August 12, 2018)
Read Personal Diary App (Journal’s AppleVis App Directory entry for more
Visit Personal Diary App (Journal’s App Store page
3. WakeUp Alarm, Guaranteed (Simple SleepCycle Alarm
WakeUp Alarm, Guaranteed. Get it? This alarm clock app guarantees that
you’ll wake up
rested every morning, with many methods such as auto sleep cycle calculation
to stop alarm.
*This app is created by my 13 year old son, Wern Jie.
What is this?
* This is a Guaranteed WakeUp Alarm.
* Its a gesture-based UI alarm app.
How do I use it with gestures?
* Drag left or right to set alarm time.
* Drag up to activate alarm.
* Drag down to deactivate alarm.
* Shake to stop alarm.
* Easy to use… to the point where anyone can use it!
* Calculates sleep cycle stages to wake you up at light sleep.
* NO NEED to place the phone near the bed… It calculates the sleep
through the mean average of most humans’ sleep cycle patterns.
* Only wakes you up at just the right time so you feel refreshed.
* Records estimate sleep into Health app.
* Sleep music: plays your favourite music to fall asleep.
* No Ads! 🙂 .
* The most lightweight alarm app ever! (8 MB in size).
* VoiceOver fully supported.
Current Version: 1.0.1 (April 25, 2017)
Read WakeUp Alarm, Guaranteed (Simple SleepCycle Alarm’s AppleVis App
Directory entry for more
Visit WakeUp Alarm, Guaranteed (Simple SleepCycle Alarm’s App Store page
4. YouTube Music (iOS, Free with In-App Purchases)
YouTube Music is a new music app that allows you to easily find what you’re
and discover new music. Get playlists and recommendations served to you
your context, tastes, and what’s trending around you.
A new music streaming service from YouTube
* This is a completely reimagined music service with official releases
Find the music you want
* Easily find the albums, singles, live performances, covers and
* Don’t know a song’s name? Just search the lyrics or describe it.
Discover new music
* Get music recommendations based on taste, location, and time of day.
* Use “The Hotlist” to keep up with what’s trending.
Uninterrupted listening with Music Premium
* Listen ad-free
* Don’t worry about your music stopping when you lock your screen or
* Download your favorites or let us do it for you by enabling Offline
Get 1 free month of Music Premium to listen ad-free, offline, and with your
locked. Existing YouTube Red or Google Play Music members and users of
who have already received a 30 day trial are not eligible. Monthly charges
for Music Premium membership outside of trial periods.
Current Version: 2.47 (August 28, 2018)
Read YouTube Music’s AppleVis iOS App Directory entry for more information
Visit YouTube Music’s App Store page
All recent app entries posted to AppleVis can be found at:
Apple TV http://www.applevis.com/apps/latest?type=apple_tv_app_directory